Medical Engineering Services
“Automotive health" results from the fusion of mobility and health. New technologies and assistance systems increase safety of drivers, passengers and road users; sudden health problems can be detected, and countermeasures initiated.
In our team, engineers develop together with physicians personalized solutions. We bring telemedicine, mHealth and eHealth to the car!
CONTACTLESS AND IMPERCEPTIBLE
- Detection of vital parameters (heart and respiratory activity, temperature)
- Automatic image processing and analysis
- Several camera systems (from visual to long-wave infrared imaging)
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Integration of wearables: Smartwatches (e.g. Apple Watch), heart rate watches, fitness bracelets, blood glucose sensors
- Access to vital signs (pulse, oxygen saturation, HRV, blood sugar levels) - current values and whole day overview
- Activity (number of steps, energy consumption) and sleep monitoring
FIT TO DRIVE?
- Accurate detection of acute health problems/incapacity to drive (e.g. low blood sugar levels, heart arrhythmia, among others)
- Assessment of the current driving ability, stress as well as fatigue
- Automated preventive measures (braking, E-Call, etc.)
MEDICAL HELP DURING AN EMERGENCY
- Video chat with a physician - preventive or in case of emergency
- Automatic emergency call / medical E-Call
- Real-time transmission of vital signs and health condition
Nowadays, technical specialists are valuable resources. With our TeleExpert system, they can offer prompt support overcoming any distance. Thus, industrial plants and employees in the Far East or in Brazil (for instance) can be directly supported and monitored.
Within this context, project costs, operational costs, and more importantly, time can be saved.
After years of extensive R&D, we developed our so-called "MedCast-platform". It serves as generic Cloud-infrastructure for telemedical systems and provides the required hardware and software components, such as the VPN server, VOIP server, messaging server, databank server, and monitoring server.
In addition, the implemented communication protocol offers secure and fast transmission channels in accordance with current standards and norms.
Our MedCast-platform was primarily developed for use in a healthcare context (e.g., outpatient treatment while medical experts provide necessary treatment instructions remotely), but it can also be adopted for other more general contexts (e.g., "TeleExperts" in industrial and eHealth, Telemonitoring in vehicles). In addition, further integration with Internet of Things devices (IoT), can lead to automated (sensor) data evaluation.